To begin your Archery adventure you will firstly need to complete a beginners course. These are run by our club coaches at set intervals throughout the year. These are completed outdoors during the spring and summer and at our indoor venue during autumn and winter when it’s too dark to shoot outdoors.
After completing the course you will understand the basics of archery and be able to shoot over short distances safely and with a good basic technique.
When the course is over you will have the opportunity to join Welbeck Archers as a club member and continue with archery as a hobby or, if you want to, taking part in competitions all the way to representing Great Britain.
HOW TO ENROL
Enrolling on a beginner’s course is quick and easy.
- Contact us at the following email: email@example.com
- Arrange with us a starting date
- Pay your course fees.
- Keep turning up and enjoy yourself.
WHAT WE WILL DO
Our aim is to ensure you have a good archery experience.
- Provide all the archery equipment you will need for the course.
- Provide safety instruction and supervision.
- Teach you a basic Target Archery technique.
- Provide an opportunity to apply for Welbeck Archers Membership.
- Give advice on types and sources of equipment
- Have in place third party liability insurance though our governing body.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
Wear Sensible Clothing
- Close fitting clothing for the upper body.
- When shooting outside. Enough clothing to keep warm and dry; multiple thin layers are better than thick woollens and a coat that can be slipped on whilst waiting would be useful.
- When shooting indoors any thing comfortable but fairly close fitting
- Flat, sturdy footwear. Footwear must enclose your toes so sandals,flip flops or similar are not allowed. Boots are recommended for wet conditions outdoors
- Remove any jewellery or facial piercing that could cause a hazard.
- Long or flowing hair should be tied back or kept under a hat.